We would like to welcome our 2017 intake of Computing, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity students at Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU) and welcome back our second and third year students. Our welcome programme provided our new students with the opportunity to get to know the staff, other students across all years and find out more about the university and their chosen subject. Last, but not least, it gives us the chance to get to know our new students.
2017/18 brought students a timetable of stimulating, introductory and fun activities/events to socialise, make friends, and discover what it means to learn at CCCU in Computing. A social gathering welcomed students to meet the team, get to know each other, and have a little bit of fun!
We would like to provide our new students with a few key tips. So, let’s get started …
- always arrive ahead of time
- attendance is linked to good grades
- do not forget you need your student card to tap you in for attendance to each lecture/seminar/lab
- sync your student timetable to your phone
- ensure you have an email signature linked to your CCCU email on all synced devices
- make notes, write-up your lectures for study
- do not give up, if you cannot grasp something e.g., programming, ensure you practice, practice, practice
- do not rely solely on lecture presentations (we may provide extra knowledge in lectures/labs)
- study outside contact time (we cannot teach you everything!)
- to do lists can be extremely useful, especially in your own study time
- use your calendar to note your assessment due dates/any examination dates
- make use of the library and online library for e-books
- know how you learn best (e.g., know your abilities)
- if you do not understand something in lecture or lab, do not be afraid to ask for help or research this further
For further studying tips look to our post welcoming previous students.
Finally, for all our students, we hope you have a productive yet fun time here at CCCU!